As District Girls Ministries Leaders, it is our desire to facilitate opportunities for local and sectional coordinators and sponsors to enhance their learning through various leadership trainings developed by the National Girls Ministries Department.
The Girls Ministries Department of the North Texas District offers a variety of training opportunities to grow your ministry.
There are four certification trainings available to Girls Ministries’ leaders and Children Ministry pastors and volunteers:
- 1. Girls Clubs Leader Training Guide (LTG) – This leadership training resource will teach Girls Ministries’ leaders everything they need to know to effectively run their clubs. GPH Item #02TW0497 training book
- 2. Momentum: Education – This leadership training resource will foster you understanding of the unique needs of each student by addressing these topics: Children with Special Needs or Disabilities, The Dynamics of Mentoring, and Understanding Learning Styles. GPH Item #02TW4103 training book
- 3. Momentum: Community – The leadership training book will foster your understanding of the unique needs of each student by addressing topics of Blending the Generations, The World in Your Classroom (culture, multicultural, and ethnocentricity) and Community Outreach. GPH Item #02TW1483 training book
- 4. Momentum: Personal Growth – This leadership training book will cultivate your personal development by addressing practical topics such as Managing Conflict, Living What You’ve Learned, and Building a Biblical Worldview. GPH Item #02TW1508 training book
*Training Books must be purchased separately prior to training day through Gospel Publishing House and brought with you to training class. (1-855-642-2011 or www.gospelpublishing.org)
There are two days of training scheduled at the District Office in 2017. Additional training days are scheduled periodically throughout the year, usually at a local church and may be attended by any Girl’s Ministries leader. Cost: $15 per person registration fee, lunch provided. No childcare provided.
Scheduled Training Days
District Office Training
- October 28
Time: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Location: North Texas District Council Office
5241 FM 66
Waxahachie, TX 75167
Current available church/sectional training days are:
Saturday, August 5, 2017
9am – 2pm
Gateway Church Midlothian
555 N. Walnut Grove Rd
Midlothian, Texas 76065
Request a Training Day at your Church or Section
If the “Days of Training” dates do not work with your Girls Ministries team or your ministry staff, a church may request leadership training at their location.
To book your Leadership Training, please complete the Training Application or call 817.284.4856 with questions.
When requesting District leaders to visit your church or section in order to conduct training, we ask that you take the following into consideration:
- GM Membership: Your church Girls Ministries group must be chartered with the North Texas District to request training at your location. See www.northtexas.ag/GMDUES for membership dues information and application.
- Attendees: A minimum of 10 participants are required for on-site training. To maximize participants, we ask the host church’s permission to invite other Girls Ministries leaders in their area to attend training.
- Training Materials: Each participant will need to purchase a training book for the desired course prior to the training. Training books can be ordered through GPH (Gospel Publishing House) at http://gospelpublishing.com
- Trainings Times: Trainings are offered on Saturday’s from 9am-4pm or (snacks and lunch included) or Sundays 2pm-6pm (condensed version with no lunch included)
- Facility Requirements: Training locations are to include access to tables and chairs (classroom set-up) and room for moving around easily as the trainings are very interactive. Additionally, a projector and screen are appreciated but not required.
- Snacks & Meals: The host section or church is asked to provide lunch for all registered participants and Girls Training Team on the Saturday training date.
- Honorarium for Presenters: The district training team is made up of volunteers and we request a love offering to offset their time and traveling expenses. Recommended honorarium is $125 for the two trainers who would be conducting the training. Honorariums by check are to be made payable to “North Texas District Girls Ministries.”
- Hotel Stay: If the church location is further than two hours from Dallas/Fort Worth area, we ask that you help in providing a hotel stay on the given Friday night for the GM Training Team.